Salt N Pepa
In March 1999, Salt-n-Pepa embarked on their final live tour and Pepa married Treach of Naughty By Nature on July 27, 1999. Salt-N-Pepa's greatest-hits album, entitled Salt-N-Pepa: The Best Of was released on January 25, 2000. Pepa and Treach divorced on July 31, 2001 and the group officially disbanded in 2002. Upon disbanding, Salt claimed she had enough of the music industry and would no longer be involved in it. However, all that changed when Salt announced that she would be releasing her first solo CD "Salt of the Earth" which later changed to "Salt Unrapped" but she subsequently did not release the product. Salt has been featured on the remix version of the Salt City Six's "Shine", on the album Holy South: World Wide, a compilation of Christian rap and Christian R&P (Rhythm & Praise) songs. The album was executive produced by ex-Three 6 Mafia member turned Christian rapper, Mr. Del. Salt also revealed in later interviews that she had suffered from bulimia many years ago.
Both Salt and Pepa appeared on VH1's Hip Hop Honours in November 2004. Although Salt-N-Pepa were honourees, they did not perform. Spinderella did not attend. All three women reunited the following year for the next Hip Hop Honour program, performing "Whatta Man" with En Vogue. It was Salt-N-Pepa's first performance in six years. Salt-N-Pepa reformed in 2007. Spinderella was a radio personality on KKBT 100.3 in Los Angeles. As of mid-2006, she is still on the radio, hosting (with DJ Mo'Dav.) The Backspin, a nationally-syndicated weekly radio show featuring old school hip hop. Pepa appeared on the fifth season of VH-1's The Surreal Life in 2005. All three members now have children.
On October 14, 2007, The Salt-n-Pepa Show, a reality television show that chronicles events in the lives of the duo as they try to work out the past issues and return to the recording studio is currently airing season 2 on VH1. On February 18, 2008, Salt-n-Pepa appeared on "Live With Regis and Kelly;" the duo sang "Whatta Man".
- 1986: Hot, Cool & Vicious
- 1988: A Salt With a Deadly Pepa
- 1990: Blacks' Magic
- 1993: Very Necessary
- 1997: Brand New
- 2007 20th Century Masters Greatest Hits
Awards and Nominations
American Music Awards
- 1995: Favourite Hip-Hop Artist (nominated)
- 1995: Favourite R&B/Soul Duo or Group, (nominated)
- 1989: Best Rap Performance "Push It" (nominated)
- 1992: Best Rap Performance by Duo/Group "Let's Talk About Sex" (nominated)
- 1995: Best Rap Performance by Duo/Group "None of Your Business" (winner)
- 1995: Best R&B Performance by Duo/Group "Whatta Man" (nominated)
- 1996: Best Rap Performance by Duo/Group "Champagne" (nominated)
MTV Video Music Awards
- 1994: Best Dance Video "Whatta Man" (winner)
- 1994: Best R&B Video "Whatta Man" (winner)
- 1995: Best Dance Video "None of Your Business" (nominated)
2nd Annual VH1 Hip Hop Honours Honouree« first‹ previous12